Celebrate summer with these cute bite-sized pie pops, a new twist on an old American classic! These pops are easy to customize to individual tastes and are just the perfect size for summer snacking. Although I've never really made fruit pies before (I usually go for pumpkin), I just couldn't pass up this cute idea. Desserts are infinitely more fun to eat when they're on a stick. Keep reading after the jump for how to make these awesome and easy pie pops!
What you’ll need:
1 package Pillsbury Pie Crusts
1 egg white beaten
Pie filling (any flavor)
Popsicle or lollipop sticks
2½ in cookie cutter
Flour for dusting
|I didn't have a round cookie cutter since I was at school so I used the rim of a glass.|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out 16 rounds.
3. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of pie filling in the center of 8 rounds making sure to leave space from the edges.
4. Place a your stick in the middle of each round with filling and brush the edges with the beaten egg white.
5. Take an unused round and place on top of the round with filling and crimp the edges with a lollipop stick to make sure the edges are completely sealed.
6. Brush the tops with egg wash and use a small knife to cut small slits in each pop.
7. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
I just love the versatility and ease of these pie pops. If you're feeling ambitious, you can make your own pie crust and filling but if time is your biggest worry, using store-bought products save you time and they're just as good! Enjoy~